100k tune up HElp!

This is a discussion on 100k tune up HElp! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi i need to change my timing belt and water pump since i reached 100k miles, whats the best way ...

100k tune up HElp!

hi i need to change my timing belt and water pump since i reached 100k miles, whats the best way to go? One of my friends told me he got a kit with everything for $220 at slowboyracing.com but i cant find the kit can anybody tell me whats the best kit and affordable to buy and where? thanks and i have searched..thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is where I bought mine.

http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Suba...7_WRX_STI.html

Try a vendor here on clubwrx first.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

100k tune

Okay thanks

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I can see that price being for the belt and the water pump alone (though still rather cheap), but that won't include the tensioner or any of the idler pulleys, which I would highly recommend you replace.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

??

I googles and I found out the I also should replace the thermostat is there anymore good website where I can buy good product for my 03 wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jaap View Post
    I googles and I found out the I also should replace the thermostat is there anymore good website where I can buy good product for my 03 wrx
    For a thermostat ONLY use the Subaru model. It may be a bit more expensive, but not by much, but it's basically the only thing that will work correctly for your car.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    For a thermostat ONLY use the Subaru model. It may be a bit more expensive, but not by much, but it's basically the only thing that will work correctly for your car.
    what about the number of 160 degree fail-open thermostats (grimmspeed, etc.)? I would argue that this would be a better option than oem.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    what about the number of 160 degree fail-open thermostats (grimmspeed, etc.)? I would argue that this would be a better option than oem.
    On what basis would those be a better option than OEM?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    Argue all you want, evidence suggests otherwise. Regardless of how they fail, they still fail, more often than the OEM's.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2993533-post520.html

I have a hard time finding failure rates... mind pointing horror stories my way?
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

So I should buy the oem instead of an aftermarket

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jaap View Post
    So I should buy the oem instead of an aftermarket
    I use the OEM thermostat. I also use OEM gaskets for the water pump and thermostat, OEM crank or cam seals if needed (I don't know or care whether there are imitation parts available for those) and I'm thinking about the newer Subaru blue coolant next time it's due. I will use the Subaru conditioner.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 11-14-2010 at 08:29 AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.