Vibrations!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

This is a discussion on Vibrations!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So recently I have felt my clutch pedal having a lot of vibration when I press it to shift. It ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    66

    Vibrations!!!

    So recently I have felt my clutch pedal having a lot of vibration when I press it to shift. It used to not be like that when I first had it. Anyone else having same issues? I got a 2011 WRX!

    Or is it just meee =[[[[[

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cleveland,OH
    Posts
    5
    none here but I have this clicking every time i press the clutch!!! not to mention all the rattling!!!

  4. #3
    KHP
    KHP is offline
    Registered User KHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    752
    How many miles do you guys have clocked in your 2011? Also do you consistently drive hard? I'm just curious since I have a 2011 as well. It's pretty much a new car and all the problems of the new batch may just be coming out.

    BTW I have none of the issues above. No vibrations from the clutch. Are you bugging the engine down when taking off or when shifting to the next gear? Did you allow proper seating time for the clutch before going hard on it? No rattling unless I crank the music up. I maybe looking forward to installing edead in the door panels.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdebo20 View Post
    none here but I have this clicking every time i press the clutch!!! not to mention all the rattling!!!
    Do you have a 4 door or 5 door model? I just saw this thread that you maybe interested in.

    2011 WRX Questions
    Last edited by KHP; 11-11-2010 at 09:03 AM.

  5. #4
    Registered User AmateurX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Michigan
    Posts
    745
    I'm almost at the 1k mile marker and haven't felt any vibrations (or clicking) in the clutch pedal at all. I would think that I would've noticed something like that, but I'll pay more attention during the drive home today.

    The only vibrations I've felt is at the traffic light, when at idle. I was thinking the Boxer engine was nearly impervious to vibrations, but I guess not.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

  6. #5
    Registered User dbya rx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Marcos, California, United States
    Posts
    911
    your car is a piece of very complicated machinery, that when at idle, is still rotating a very large amount of mass at 1000 rotations per minute. before you hit the panic button and jump off a cliff, just realize that things are going to vibrate when a motor is running.

    that being said, you should know the difference between a good (for lack of a better word) and a bad vibration unless you have NEVER owned a car before. if your clutch pedal is vibrating considerably and all the time, take your car to the dealer, thats why you bought a brand new car, so you could have a warranty.

    as far as the rattles are concerned, i have a 2010 hatch with about 9k miles, and the only things that rattle are the stupid cargo cover, the center armrest extension b/c for some reason its loose, and doors when i turn the radio too loud.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    65
    im at 2000 miles and nothing rattling so far

  8. #7
    Registered User AmateurX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Michigan
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    your car is a piece of very complicated machinery, that when at idle, is still rotating a very large amount of mass at 1000 rotations per minute. before you hit the panic button and jump off a cliff, just realize that things are going to vibrate when a motor is running.

    that being said, you should know the difference between a good (for lack of a better word) and a bad vibration unless you have NEVER owned a car before. if your clutch pedal is vibrating considerably and all the time, take your car to the dealer, thats why you bought a brand new car, so you could have a warranty.

    as far as the rattles are concerned, i have a 2010 hatch with about 9k miles, and the only things that rattle are the stupid cargo cover, the center armrest extension b/c for some reason its loose, and doors when i turn the radio too loud.
    I payed close attention to the clutch on the way home..smooth as buttah. I agree. Take it to the dealer.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cleveland,OH
    Posts
    5
    I have about 2500 on mine and the back deck rattles I'm going to the dealer tom.

  10. #9
    Registered User dbya rx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Marcos, California, United States
    Posts
    911
    Here is a synopsis of the dialogue at the dealership:

    jdebo20 at the dealership: "hey service manager: I just bought this WRX, and there are rattles everywhere. What can you do about this?"

    Service Manager: Well, have you modded your WRX? if so, then we can't really do anything for you. If you havent modded you WRX, then I guess you should have bought a Volkswagen, or a Honda, or a Mazda, or another brand in similar price range that is constructed much better than your subaru.

    jdebo20:

    im just poking fun, but seriously, if you have any headway with them, let us know, b/c i may go to my dealer and yell at someone about all the rattles.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    66
    My 2011 has 4900 miles on it now. The clicking when pressing the clutch is normal. When I say vibration its just that when driving it before, it never had that vibration feeling before.

    I let my car warm up and cool down(if I boost a bit) other than that I have not done anything to my baby =\

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    65
    A brand new car "shouldn't" have anything wrong with it
    2011 WRX Hatch Black Pearl

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cleveland,OH
    Posts
    5
    So I went to the dealership on sat. and they fixed the rattle so far..... I raised hell a lil bit and got a free turbo heat shield.

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    dang i have a 2011 WRX as well and starting at about 300 miles, my clutch pedal started vibrating.
    i dont know if it was always like that and i just noticed, or something really did change...
    it only vibrates after start up and in the lower gears.
    after driving around a bit, the vibration goes away and i can press down the clutch pedal smoothly.
    i cant decide if i should take it to the dealer :/

  15. #14
    KHP
    KHP is offline
    Registered User KHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchon3 View Post
    dang i have a 2011 WRX as well and starting at about 300 miles, my clutch pedal started vibrating.
    i dont know if it was always like that and i just noticed, or something really did change...
    it only vibrates after start up and in the lower gears.
    after driving around a bit, the vibration goes away and i can press down the clutch pedal smoothly.
    i cant decide if i should take it to the dealer :/
    I'd take it to the dealership to get checked out. My clutch is smooth as silk. If there is an issue and you drive it for extended periods the issue may grow into a bigger problem. I don't think you want that happening.

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    Yea i think im gonna go get it checked out. i feel like i go to the dealer too often because i want everything done right Lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •