Gauge cluster lights go on and off intermittently
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge cluster lights go on and off intermittently within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm looking at getting an 02 wrx wagon. This car is sick, the only problem is that the owner ...

Gauge cluster lights go on and off intermittently

So I'm looking at getting an 02 wrx wagon. This car is sick, the only problem is that the owner says the lights on the gauge cluster sporatically go off. He thinks it should be a simple fix and that it might be a loose connection somewhere that occured when he put the sound system in. Does this sound like an easy fix? (fuse maybe) or should I be worried about a more major problem with the electrical system. I've read about similar problems that led to more electronics failing. What do u think? Should I be weary?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's tricky business tracking down a loose wire.
    It's not a fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    It's tricky business tracking down a loose wire.
    It's not a fuse.
    Do you think it could be an indicator that there's something more serious wrong with the overall electrical system?

Quote Originally Posted by frflcraig View Post
    Do you think it could be an indicator that there's something more serious wrong with the overall electrical system?
    If there is light issues after wiring something that was not done professionally than he may have tapped into somewhere he prob shouldnt and its tough to say... could be other things he has done 1/2 @55ed as well, most things like that sound more like a ground issue, use a voltometer and see where your loosing current may not be abel to easily track that wire but if its stereo related then the issue shouldnt be too deep.. good luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.