I have a 2005 WRX, and it just had a full engine build with rods, rod bearings, valves, valve springs, BC 272 Cams, crankshaft, 565cc injectors, and a clutch.

The car will crank just fine, and run, but it IMMEDIATELY has 4 Misfire codes, and a camshaft position sensor code.

The shop that did the work, said that when they did the work on the car and got the CPS code, they pulled the sensor and checked it, and it checked out just fine. The shop that it is at now that has the AWD dyno said that they don't want to dyno it, because they don't want me to have to pay the tuning fee, and it have a part that has to be fixed or replaced before it can be properly tuned.

Has anyone ever heard of a wrx throwing a code like that, simply because the the new cams cause it? I asked BC, and they said that they have never heard of that...

ALSO, BC said that the timing could be off, and that would cause it, but the timing belt is pretty stupid simple, with the lines that line up with the cams, and the shop that did the work confirmed that with me. They said that you would have to be an idiot to mess that up, and they owner told me that he did the timing himself. The shop that has the dyno told me that they would charge me 200 bucks to take a look and make sure that it is where it is supposed to be, and I just don't have that more money...

My question is, what else would cause that code, or could it just be the cams... Thanks guys.