The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex center carrier bushing makes rattling sound at WOT It took me a few times under the ...

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    center carrier bushing makes rattling sound at WOT
    It took me a few times under the car to figure out that I had a loose bolt that holds the carrier bearing bracket to the under body. Wasn't apparent in the multitude of times I checked the bearing itself for play, but the 1/4" of play in the bracket was enough to get the drive shaft shaking under WOT, low rpm. Might be worth checking if you haven't already. I had toyed with the idea of filling the void between the rubber and bearing race with Window Weld prior to that.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    It took me a few times under the car to figure out that I had a loose bolt that holds the carrier bearing bracket to the under body. Wasn't apparent in the multitude of times I checked the bearing itself for play, but the 1/4" of play in the bracket was enough to get the drive shaft shaking under WOT, low rpm. Might be worth checking if you haven't already. I had toyed with the idea of filling the void between the rubber and bearing race with Window Weld prior to that.
    Hmm... interesting.... I'll have to check that out... the dealer didn't really check it too much, but recommended I replace the whole driveline cause its a nonserviceable item... thank you for the tip as well as the contribution to the database...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    I changed my trans and rear diff fluid with Extra-S last fall. Runs great. It still has the typical difficulties engaging first above 10mph but I hardly ever need to do that anyways. Reverse is still a little difficult at times too. Maybe that's because it has over 144,5xx miles and, to my knowledge, has never been rebuilt.
    Yeah... I'm going ti have to change mine out again here pretty soon and I think I'm going to stick with the extra-s... I can usually get into first around 15mph...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Hmm... interesting.... I'll have to check that out... the dealer didn't really check it too much, but recommended I replace the whole driveline cause its a nonserviceable item... thank you for the tip as well as the contribution to the database...
    Just another thought, some people (i.e. the previous owner of my car) manage to put one of the bushings back on upside down as well, this is why the bolt was loose. It's pretty obvious when you take a close look at it if one is upside down; one half of the bushing is supposed to point up, the other points down. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that you can buy a carrier bearing for these bloody shafts.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

i read here that most of you are changing your oil around 3500-4500. the dealer is recommending 7500 on synthetic with my 2011. i was thinking of doing it every 5k. are you guy's running synthetic?
    Second place just means you were first too lose!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman View Post
    i read here that most of you are changing your oil around 3500-4500. the dealer is recommending 7500 on synthetic with my 2011. i was thinking of doing it every 5k. are you guy's running synthetic?
    You can't go wrong sticking with manufacturer recommendations. I change at 4500 and run fully synthetic oil. I could likely go longer than that, but I feel safer changing it out that often. You could always get oil analyses done after oil changes to ensure that you are changing at correct intervals.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I have been using valvoline 5W30 conventional since my engine replacement and have been changing it every 4k... I plan on switching over to synthetic after it gets about 40k on the new engine to ensure that the piston rings don't alow too much oil loss via seapage...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.