Crank Pulley Removal

This is a discussion on Crank Pulley Removal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, does anyone know where I can buy an ST 499977000 (crank pulley removal tool for '03 WRX)? Thanks!...

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Crank Pulley Removal

Hey, does anyone know where I can buy an ST 499977000 (crank pulley removal tool for '03 WRX)?
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.denlorstools.com/home/dt1...nch_subar.html

totally not worth it if you ask me...there are many other options as far as crank pulley bolt loosening unless of course you plan on doing tons of crank pulleys or timing belts or whatever you plan to do when you remove the crank bolt...

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Thanks dude, do you have any suggestions for loosening the bolt? Tool is really overpriced. I already tried a strap wrench.
    *Starter is out of car

I Support ClubWRX
    If you don't want to re-install the starter you are left with trying a strap wrench again, and/or getting hold of the best impact wrench you can find plus good air to run it. Shame about the starter though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by nhughes View Post
    Thanks dude, do you have any suggestions for loosening the bolt? Tool is really overpriced. I already tried a strap wrench.
    *Starter is out of car

I have seen guys use two generally long bolts and put them diagonally in the holes in the crank pulley and kind of put tension on it with a pry bar as they break the 22mm bolt loose...also you can bump the engine with a breaker bar wedged on the frame rail by the battery which I have done but I do not really recommend it because I have seen it go wrong before and you can break things or hurt yourself if your not careful...