cabin filter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cabin filter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys. i am driving a 1998 imoreza and i want to learn if it has a cabin filter ir ...

cabin filter

Hi guys. i am driving a 1998 imoreza and i want to learn if it has a cabin filter ir not. i checked if it has and i didnt find anything but i am not sure

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't think so because the cabin filters are a new thing for cars as far as I'm concerned.

Yes it has, it is under the glove department. Seems kind hard to get to as I have an Impreza 1999 and new Cabin Filter in hand. according to some web sites it takes only two screws to open the area and slide out the finter, unlike in the newer models where is behind the glov box. now my has a spot where the cover "is" but no screws to access it.

I went and removed the glove box and had easier access to the area and seen a smal 2 inch cover with wires going to it. Unscrewed it and pulled out a 2 inch square metal piece, seems like a sensor. lookng inside with an flash light I do see the filter. It is locate horizontaly from ground up, and pointing in the engine direction. So logicaly there shoudl be an access panel under to slide it out and replace. Well there is an area what looks like but not screws to undo. If you find anything that can help please let me know.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.