metal on metal
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on metal on metal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi, my wrx makes this noise, like metal on metal, almost like the spare change in the ashtray jingling. i ...

metal on metal

hi, my wrx makes this noise, like metal on metal, almost like the spare change in the ashtray jingling. i have taken it to the dealership, and had it looked at every time i've had anything else done, at other places. noone can figure it out, almost sounds like loose screws somewhere. there are no patterns, sometimes it happens in heat, sometimes in cold. sometimes at high speed, sometimes at low speed. not the heat shield or brake indicators, had both checked, brakes replaced. anyone else with this problem, advice? and yes, i have removed the change from the ashtray

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where do you think this sound is coming from (inside or outside)?

From your post it sounds like you only hear when the car is moving. When the noise is present are you on a rough bumpy road or something like that? WRX's are known to be rattly you just have to hunt the noises down.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have that too, it's the metal seat belt buckles that slide. They will sometimes rattle against the button on the belt.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    check your exhaust hangers & make sure everything is securely tightened in your engine bay

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

definitely on the outside, only when the car is moving, supposedly everything on this car has been checked, and is secure and tight. unfortunately, i have to rely on the "experts" who have looked at it, but i am starting to wonder if something is going to fall out of the bottom while i'm driving. would like to check it out myself, but i wouldn't know what i'm looking at, and can't seem to find anyone good in baltimore...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.