Something is wrong

This is a discussion on Something is wrong within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok when I started my car it sounded much deeper than usual, also when I tap the throttle, I get ...

Something is wrong

Ok when I started my car it sounded much deeper than usual, also when I tap the throttle, I get a high pitch squeak that sounds like a BOV coming from the turbo area. Exhaust leak? Not sure if this is too vague but this is the best I can describe it.

Edit: I just went out and revved it in neutral. It sounds like it's sputtering when i rev to about 3.5 - 4K.
    Noah | Bugeye Mafia #301

02 MBP WRX Wagon "Annabelle"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

An exhaust leak will be a hiss before turbo and loud and nasty garble after the turbo. Plus you'll smell the exhaust in your car or anywhere more than the rear of the car.

It may be a small exhaust leak, post turbo. Stock exhaust?

Stock everything, yessir
    Noah | Bugeye Mafia #301

Then I am going to first guess it may be an exhaust leak. Somewhere mid car. If you can take a peek underneath while it's idling, you may see some water dripping (if started cold) or steam where the leak is.

so new update: I took her out tonight and I'm gonna correct myself. It grumbles and clunks when I shift gears. and it's the most grumbly in 2nd. this sounds like a tranny problem rather than an engine problem
    Noah | Bugeye Mafia #301