cold weather clutch slippage - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on cold weather clutch slippage within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by poly_poly-man drunk wrenching at 17? not recommended, I'd imagine I have some mechanic uncles who can help ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    drunk wrenching at 17? not recommended, I'd imagine

I have some mechanic uncles who can help me out, no problem.

I was thinking that, if it were possible, I would want to wait until I got a bit more power/torque into the car before I did the clutch, then go exedy stage 1 organic. Would it be terribly ill-advised to go with that clutch before I did the power mods?
    If you're slipping already, your car may soon enough make that decision for you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    You forgot the most important thing.......alcohol!!!

There is nothing like drunk wrenching with your friends!
    Well, like the great Jim Lahey has said -- see sig -- Let the liquor do the thinking. I make a mess even without the help though. I was completely defeated and was going to drive to the store to find a bolt to insert into the screw hole at the step before splitting the 'box and the motor, and it had not even occurred to me that the car is a great source of screws (that's what keeps it together!). It was simple to find the right one for the hole on the car itself from up top somewhere (I don't remember where, I like red beers, Irish style stuff).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12