I ****ED my Electronic system up. Help please!!!!

This is a discussion on I ****ED my Electronic system up. Help please!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i own an 02 wrb wrx. I plugged my my boost controller plug from under the dash into all of ...

I ****ED my Electronic system up. Help please!!!!

i own an 02 wrb wrx. I plugged my my boost controller plug from under the dash into all of the outlets in the little box in the center of the bottom of the dash. now my regular headlights/ brights dont work my speedometer kcuts in and out and my ABS light goes on and off.......... any ideas for the fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you got a short-circuit somewhere. Check all your connections. Make sure all crimps, splices, solder jobs, etc. are either wrapped well with electrical tape or heat shrinked. Don't be using wire nuts now!

Quote Originally Posted by 2:43AM View Post
    Sounds like you got a short-circuit somewhere. Check all your connections. Make sure all crimps, splices, solder jobs, etc. are either wrapped well with electrical tape or heat shrinked. Don't be using wire nuts now!
    +1 or in most cases a bad ground

ill check it out

i hope thats all it is and not any major issue im freakin out about it i dont want it to be a super expensive thing to repair

Quote Originally Posted by rgibson View Post
    i hope thats all it is and not any major issue im freakin out about it i dont want it to be a super expensive thing to repair
    Shouldn't be an issue. If it was serious enough, the fuse will blow. But continue to jostle the voltage around with shorts or a bad ground and it COULD become an expensive issue!