Subaru WRX Forum banner

Good jack/jackstand lift points on 2011 WRX?

44K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  binjoau 
#1 ·
I'm a DIY'er and I'm nearing my first oil change & time to put snow tires on. I have to get the car up on jack stands so I can take all 4 wheels off to get the tires put on. I've never had trouble with my '99 Grand Am, but had my '03 Odyssey practically fall off the jack on me and have been freaked out ever since. I'm very new to this car and have only glanced under the car to find a good lift point. So, my question is, where are the good lift points that I can prop this car up on jack stands? Has somebody found pics somewhere...? I'm open for suggestions and/or comments...

#3 ·
I did. I really only references the crappy, unibody points for the supplied jack. I don't trust those things. I've destroyed them, using the traditional jack, in the past.

Heck, if they'll work with jack stands, without messing them up, I'm cool with it. I've never owned a subie before, so I could be wrong...

#7 ·
I jacked my car up yesterday and the stock points are partially covered with plastic on the 11's. Total retard design choice there but since it's under the car people won't see that you've scuffed them up. But it does cause some concern if you don't use your hand to feel around to confirm the metal frame is there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.