Good jack/jackstand lift points on 2011 WRX?

This is a discussion on Good jack/jackstand lift points on 2011 WRX? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm a DIY'er and I'm nearing my first oil change & time to put snow tires on. I have to ...

Good jack/jackstand lift points on 2011 WRX?

I'm a DIY'er and I'm nearing my first oil change & time to put snow tires on. I have to get the car up on jack stands so I can take all 4 wheels off to get the tires put on. I've never had trouble with my '99 Grand Am, but had my '03 Odyssey practically fall off the jack on me and have been freaked out ever since. I'm very new to this car and have only glanced under the car to find a good lift point. So, my question is, where are the good lift points that I can prop this car up on jack stands? Has somebody found pics somewhere...? I'm open for suggestions and/or comments...
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dont think im being a **** here but check the manual, first section shows all of them
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    dont think im being a **** here but check the manual, first section shows all of them
    I did. I really only references the crappy, unibody points for the supplied jack. I don't trust those things. I've destroyed them, using the traditional jack, in the past.

Heck, if they'll work with jack stands, without messing them up, I'm cool with it. I've never owned a subie before, so I could be wrong...
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Heck, maybe I need to get some special jack stands (mine are flat on the top) with the thingamajigs that fit onto the whatchamacallits...
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post

Heck, maybe I need to get some special jack stands (mine are flat on the top) with the thingamajigs that fit onto the whatchamacallits...
    Yes, flat top jack stands are unsafe, they have a greater tendency to shift. I would get good stands and you should have no problems.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post

I hate using those jack points (I literally bent the side of of those jack points by using a flat jack )

It would be much easier to use a piece of wood and jack up the subframe crossmember and use the jackstands there...

For the rears, again, use a piece of wood and jack up the rear diff housing and set up the jack stands there.
    Last edited by zax; 11-02-2010 at 08:38 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I jacked my car up yesterday and the stock points are partially covered with plastic on the 11's. Total retard design choice there but since it's under the car people won't see that you've scuffed them up. But it does cause some concern if you don't use your hand to feel around to confirm the metal frame is there.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

my 09 is so low i have to use the factory crappy jack on the under sill to raise the car up enough to put my realjack under the subaru points lol
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!