help turbo!

This is a discussion on help turbo! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my car has 30k miles, I review the right car, use the oil that Subaru recommends and I'm not very ...

bwc

help turbo!

my car has 30k miles, I review the right car, use the oil that Subaru recommends and I'm not very Caned car ever. my turbine that smoking sometimes, but I think that it is not bad, could be what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the smoke is external, and comes out from the turbo into the engine bay, it could be an oil leak or a water leak, and it could be from either of the lines that feed the turbo oil or water -- or from another source nearby that leaks under pressure onto the hot turbo.

If the smoke comes out the exhaust pipe it could be a turbo seal problem I suppose.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

bwc
    the smoke out the exhaust

I Support ClubWRX
    It does not have to be the turbo. Is the motor in known good condition? Does the PCV system work correctly?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

bwc
    the engine is good. And as I see that the system and PCV valve is working properly?