help, steering pump

This is a discussion on help, steering pump within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I changed the steering pump because it was leaking and the leak continues. I'm thinking that it is not because ...

bwc

help, steering pump

I changed the steering pump because it was leaking and the leak continues. I'm thinking that it is not because I see that is not very common, and do not believe that I am very unlucky. I can not set right where it leaks, but has a pose of oil beneath the pump. I'm guessing that's the Hose and tube assy, could it be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe, but it's not common. In fact I bet most cars just go through their lives without a leak there; the only time that stuff is usually moved is if the timing belt is done, and that's probably only done once or twice per car lifetime.

Let everything cool down completely, remove the intake black plastic piece, and have a very close look. If you can't identify the leak, wipe everything clean (spotless clean) and drive around until it starts up again. Post back what you find.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

bwc
    ok. I'll clean it up and look where it comes from