Abs unplugged?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Abs unplugged? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought my 02 wrx last tuesday so I'm finding little things here a.d there but the other day I ...

Abs unplugged?

I bought my 02 wrx last tuesday so I'm finding little things here a.d there but the other day I noticed the abs unplugged! I was told not to plug it back in. What do you guys know about this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    We know if the ABS is not plugged in it will not function. Who told you not to plug it back in?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

When I saw it my first reaction was just to plug it back in but I was stopped by my friend. So I called the guy that i bought the car from and he said he asked his buddy that works at a subaru dealer ship and was told just to fill the connecter with some grease stuff so nothing shorted out. It seems it was the person before him that unplugged it. Why would someone unplug the abs?

I Support ClubWRX
    There is some basic common sense that should possibly be kicking in right about now............... Obviously it's unplugged because maybe there is an issue with the system. Some people disbabe it for autocross but unless you frequently track the car it needs to be active.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Maybe I will plug it back in in a month or two when there is snow on the ground and i can do some low speed testing...

Do you mind if I ask where you got those headlights from donkey? I was looking at some on eBay that were similar. You added those 'eyebrows' separately yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cossitt View Post
    Maybe I will plug it back in in a month or two when there is snow on the ground and i can do some low speed testing...?
    eeehh, wouldn't abs be one of those things you would want to have diagnosed before the snow is on the ground?

I remember unplugging the abs on my old honda b/c the abs pump was toast and instead of putting a thousand bucks into a new one, i unplugged it, said goodbye to the warning light and called it a day. I had already gotten used to driving without it

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    People unplugged it mostly because Subaru would not fix the flawed ABS system. There is a known issue, on the bugeyes the ABS engages prematurely in the snow.

If you can replicate it at a dealership and talk to SOA about it there is a fix. I don't beleive they issued a recall but SOA is aware of the issue.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossitt View Post
    Do you mind if I ask where you got those headlights from donkey? I was looking at some on eBay that were similar. You added those 'eyebrows' separately yes?
    They are Morette projector headlights. No eyebrows .
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

plug it back in..
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

There was a silent recall.... If you head to the dealership they will add an upgrade software to stop it from being so Ernestine.....

Thank you very much. I did not realize that this was a common issue. Will the dealership charge me? I hope not. I will call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Donkey no eyebrows?! I will have to search these on Google...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.