Kenwood Car Stereos

This is a discussion on Kenwood Car Stereos within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I just installed a Kenwood head unit in my 2006 WRX. Everything works except the AM stations. Does ...

Kenwood Car Stereos

Hey all,

I just installed a Kenwood head unit in my 2006 WRX. Everything works except the AM stations. Does anyone have this problem or have any idea what the cause may be? I'm thinking it may be the radio itself, but I wanted to get some second opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

need more deatils:
    when you try to tune to an am station, what happens:

- nothing, the unit doenst change modes = you probably need a new unit
    - no sound, but the unit changes modes = you still probably need a new unit
    - there is just static, stations change, but nothing comes in = check the wiring if you installed it yourself, makes sure the antenna is hooked up correctly

if you took your car somewhere to have the unit installed, i would go back and tell them to fix it
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Ive gotten numerous customer complaints of this before even in the stock brand new 2010's and 99.9% of the time the person is usually in a bad reception area, which obviously we really have no control over, as mentioned though make sure all wiring is connected securely...