2005 OEM Security system...confused

This is a discussion on 2005 OEM Security system...confused within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I just recently bought my 05 WRX, and when I go to lock/unlock it, I either get just the ...

2005 OEM Security system...confused

Well, I just recently bought my 05 WRX, and when I go to lock/unlock it, I either get just the "sound" of the locks opening or closing OR I get a horn beep if I press "lock" on my key remote a few times, OR when I unlock I get an "electronic beep" that you hear from an aftermarket security system. I guess my question is, how do I get that "electronic beep/chirp" to happen all the time, since I can only assume that is what is activating my alarm.

Thanks ahead of time

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The horn beeps when locking it only after you do it a few times consecutively, so its not constant.

As far as I can tell, there's no way to change when it will beep or not beep. Best thing to do might be to call the dealer and speak with a technician.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Nappy View Post
    Well, I just recently bought my 05 WRX, and when I go to lock/unlock it, I either get just the "sound" of the locks opening or closing OR I get a horn beep if I press "lock" on my key remote a few times, OR when I unlock I get an "electronic beep" that you hear from an aftermarket security system. I guess my question is, how do I get that "electronic beep/chirp" to happen all the time, since I can only assume that is what is activating my alarm.

Thanks ahead of time

Open the drivers side door and hold down the unlock button, that should turn the beep on and off.
    Come to think of it it might be the lock button, so if one doesnt work try the other one...haha

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html

Found that link, hope it can help anyone that was as confused as I am. My car "chrips" everytime I lock and unlock it now. WOOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nappy View Post
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html

Found that link, hope it can help anyone that was as confused as I am. My car "chrips" everytime I lock and unlock it now. WOOT!!
    my '04 would randomly switch between the two options. never was a problem with the system, just wouldn't chirp sometimes.