Random fuel smell
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Random fuel smell within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I just bought an 06 WRX with a stage 1 romraider tune on it. I have searched for ...

Random fuel smell

Hey guys,
    I just bought an 06 WRX with a stage 1 romraider tune on it. I have searched for a couple days now and havent found any information regarding my issue.

I was driving home from work the other day and noticed the smell of raw fuel just for a second then it went away. I got home and checked everything which all appeard fine, nothing loose or unplugged and no leakes, even checked fuel cap for correct seal. It has now done it to me twice in the short period of time that ive owned the vehicle. When the problem occurred the motor was cold and the tank was at half. I am unable to duplicated the issue its totally random but seems to happen after start up on a cold motor.

Any ideas? I am geting about 28-30 mpg highway and about 21 - 22 city and have no power loss. Everything appears and sounds good. So i dont know.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

disregard i found more information
    Last edited by OHIOWRX485; 10-25-2010 at 07:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.