HELP My wrx shakes when i go up hills now!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HELP My wrx shakes when i go up hills now!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It has started recently when i get the RPMs over 3k the car will start to shake and shudder from ...

HELP My wrx shakes when i go up hills now!!

It has started recently when i get the RPMs over 3k the car will start to shake and shudder from the engine area. I have been recently driving a lot thru the mountains and it started after a couple weekends of me doing this. It happens the majority of the time when I am in fifth or sixth gear going thru the mountains or when I have to speed up rapidly going on the on-ramp to the freeways. Any ideas?
    On an additional note I recently had the Clutch changed a couple months ago, so I don't believe that to be the problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check you're pitch mount. See if it's loose.

Change yer plugs! That's all i got.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cramer View Post
    Check you're pitch mount. See if it's loose.
    This or worn/broken motor mounts.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruMarine View Post
    On an additional note I recently had the Clutch changed a couple months ago, so I don't believe that to be the problem.
    Shakes? Like this?

The clutch may not be the problem, but the mechanics may have forgotten something while putting it all back together. I'd check a missing or unconnected pitchstop, which is located directly underneath the TMIC. I could be wrong, but I think this needs to either be unbolted one side or removed for a clutch install.

Thanks everyone, I will be getting it checked in the morning. Thank you hopefully getting this checked out won't rape my wallet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.