WRX OWNERS

This is a discussion on WRX OWNERS within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I just got my 02 Wrx over a month ago and when I turn her on she squeals. I ...

WRX OWNERS

So I just got my 02 Wrx over a month ago and when I turn her on she squeals. I more than think its the power steering because when it also happens when i do tight turns but im not sure what it is. I don't think it has anything too do with the clutch either because when i let off it still squeals.

Does anyone have any ideas???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like power steering to me

I Support ClubWRX
    Simplest answer is the belts. If they're old, change them with authentic Subaru parts. That should fix the squeal. If not, then look deeper, but you'd have needed the belts anyway so you've not lost much.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I would say what he said ^^^^^ i just recently changed the drive train belt and the squealing stopped....mine would squeal when i turn or when the AC is on.....