CLUTCH CHANGE NEED SOME ADVICE

This is a discussion on CLUTCH CHANGE NEED SOME ADVICE within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright everyone i got a 04 Wrx and has 85,000 and now its time to change the clutch since its ...

CLUTCH CHANGE NEED SOME ADVICE

Alright everyone i got a 04 Wrx and has 85,000 and now its time to change the clutch since its slipping like crazy...... Trying to see which clutch is better the ACT or the F1 on ebay.......looking to get either Stage 2 or Stage 3 does anyone have any idea on how they are?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What modifications do you have done power wise to the vehicle? If you have the stock transmission I would personally recommend nothing over the stock OEM clutch, otherwise you are putting an even greater risk on your precious gearset (s)... I say this from experience having stripped 2nd gear with my stock clutch as well as seeing numerous customers cars with the same type of problems....

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    What modifications do you have done power wise to the vehicle? If you have the stock transmission I would personally recommend nothing over the stock OEM clutch, otherwise you are putting an even greater risk on your precious gearset (s)... I say this from experience having stripped 2nd gear with my stock clutch as well as seeing numerous customers cars with the same type of problems....
    Only Modification done to the car is an Exhaust, and BOV, so your saying that i should just go with Stock OEM Clutch? Like the Exedy OEM Clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by SIKwrx04 View Post
    Only Modification done to the car is an Exhaust, and BOV, so your saying that i should just go with Stock OEM Clutch? Like the Exedy OEM Clutch?

Yes, personally I would go with the stock Exedy OEM clutch. Unless of course you have the funds to build your trans. haha

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Yes, personally I would go with the stock Exedy OEM clutch. Unless of course you have the funds to build your trans. haha
    Hahaha thanks for the Help!!