Any one else with this issue?????
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Any one else with this issue????? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just tryin to see if im not alone in this boat : I have a CEL on and wont go ...

Any one else with this issue?????

Just tryin to see if im not alone in this boat :

I have a CEL on and wont go away!!, the code reads gas cap, so... checked gas cap.. fine , (there is no seal damage no thread issue, the cap looks brand new), ... re-set cel and at the marker came back on, still reading that its gas cap, checked w/ my tuner and the map we used takes care of any cel issue and nopw my ABS light is on as well, not blinking or anything just staying on after reset..

Ive heard that older years have a gas cap issue w/ cel but just seems wierd.. any response is appriciated.. thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightFury View Post
    I have a CEL on and wont go away!!, the code reads gas cap, so... checked gas cap..
    There is no gas cap code. Post the code number.

PO442 is likely, and is an evap emissions code.

checked w/ my tuner and the map we used takes care of any cel issue
    I don't understand what this means. From what you've said, neither does your tuner, since you have a CEL but the tuner's map "takes care" of CELs.

and nopw my ABS light is on as well, not blinking or anything just staying on after reset..
    That's confusing too, since it could be another issue. Have you done brakes recently?

Ive heard that older years have a gas cap issue w/ cel but just seems wierd.. any response is appriciated.. thanx
    Am unaware of any issues with gas caps. The evap system itself, OTOH, has a connector and a canister that can, and frequently have, caused evap code CELs. If your gas cap is authentic and seems OK, start with the canister, the lines, and the harness clip back there -- look for clogs or rust.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

checked w/ my tuner and the map we used takes care of any cel issue
    sry if confusing, what i mean is that after all my mods the tune removed my prev. cel, .. dont have the code on me im at work and did this during break, dont remember the exact code but in their system the only code that pulls up says "fuel cap" i have had this issue w/ my mothers car, new ford so i know its a common thing sometimes just as simple as tighten the cap but that doesnt seem to be the issue here.

and abs light ; yes did brakes about 700 miles ago, fluid level is fine and dont think they have worn that bad so soon, ive also heard that abs light can come on when adjusting certain engine manegement incorrectly, (very broad i know) but thats not what has been in this situation,

guess what ill do is
    The evap system itself, OTOH, has a connector and a canister that can, and frequently have, caused evap code CELs. If your gas cap is authentic and seems OK, start with the canister, the lines, and the harness clip back there -- look for clogs or rust.
    and go from there.

where is the canister located(if ya know)???

I Support ClubWRX
    Look in the rear on the right side. There are three hoses -- two held by clamps -- and the canister itself is held by screws (17 ft.lbs. spec).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanx, right side as in passenger i assume, is it the dinggy below the gas door?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.