Upper Radiator Hose / Coolant clean up?

This is a discussion on Upper Radiator Hose / Coolant clean up? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wonder, as this just happened to me... Is it common for the passenger fan on an 02 wrx to ...

Upper Radiator Hose / Coolant clean up?

Just wonder, as this just happened to me...

Is it common for the passenger fan on an 02 wrx to wear through the upper radiator hose?

Had mine explode on me yesterday on the way home from work, now EVERYTHING is covered in coolant, whats the best way to clean this up?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the air conditioning hose blow up on me in the middle of the oregon desert and blew that all over the engine. Best way i found to get it all off is get some water and rinse as much as i can off then i used a tooth brush and simply green to get the rest of it off
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Quote Originally Posted by 3n1gm4 View Post
    Just wonder, as this just happened to me...

Is it common for the passenger fan on an 02 wrx to wear through the upper radiator hose?

Had mine explode on me yesterday on the way home from work, now EVERYTHING is covered in coolant, whats the best way to clean this up?

Thanks
    As mentioned, I would start the car, with it repaired of course first, than just spray a hose over the engine, also the foam thing under the hood likes to absorb a lot of coolant ( as Ive dealt with things like this before ) so make sure that is well rinsed out ... I dont think I have ever seen or heard of anything about a fan wearing through a radiator hose on any car in general let alone a subaru...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    As mentioned, I would start the car, with it repaired of course first, than just spray a hose over the engine, also the foam thing under the hood likes to absorb a lot of coolant ( as Ive dealt with things like this before ) so make sure that is well rinsed out ... I dont think I have ever seen or heard of anything about a fan wearing through a radiator hose on any car in general let alone a subaru...
    Boy that foam thing does...

I think the only way the fan hit the hose, if it swoll up and got bloated enough to come in contact with it... which makes me worry a lil bit, hopefully its not a symptom of the main problem...

Quote Originally Posted by 3n1gm4 View Post
    Boy that foam thing does...

I think the only way the fan hit the hose, if it swoll up and got bloated enough to come in contact with it... which makes me worry a lil bit, hopefully its not a symptom of the main problem...
    Oh man I hope not either, thats not a good sign if thats happening...