Pissed off... noob...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Pissed off... noob... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i had troubles with my rear wheel bearings...fixed! and all little troubles. While driving home my clutch goes out ...

Pissed off... noob...

So i had troubles with my rear wheel bearings...fixed! and all little troubles. While driving home my clutch goes out on me, what the ****? the original owner says he will take care of it, what clutch do i go with, don't want to rip the guy off either.. so far not happy with the WRX.... what clutch do i go with? need answer asap, car will get clutch put in tommorrow.

Regards,

Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    No sense getting pissed at the car for your PO burning out the clutch - the stock clutch is very sturdy IMO.

The most common recommendation is an exedy (OEM) replacement but you don't have to get it at the dealer.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    No sense getting pissed at the car for your PO burning out the clutch - the stock clutch is very sturdy IMO.

The most common recommendation is an exedy (OEM) replacement but you don't have to get it at the dealer.
    Dude i just had the car for a couple of hours.... the guy that sold it to me obviously left some things out and I'm very upset, driver side mirror being cracked, all bumpers scartched, rear brakes being shot, etc... etc... everything in this car has been done except for the so called clutch... and last but,, not least the dude was a dip ****!

Regards,

Rob
    Last edited by robony; 10-13-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by robony View Post
    Dude i just had the car for a couple of hours.... the guy that sold it to me obviously left some things out and I'm very upset, driver side mirror being cracked, all bumpers scartched, rear brakes being shot, etc... etc... everything in this car has been done except for the so called clutch... and last but,, not least the dude was a dip ****!

Regards,

Rob
    just curious- did you buy the car sight unseen?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    just curious- did you buy the car sight unseen?
    Exactly. Probably a good coat of wax hid those busted mirrors though!

noob clutch

the guy is paying a fat portion of the clutch.. does a clutch really make that much of a difference? will my car be more faster?
    i know it's stupid questions, but for every stupid question theres a smart one, correct?

Rob

PS im in NY. i had my mirror replaced for $20 which i think it's a hell of as deal! any NYker interested let me know, i"ll get you directions.

Rob

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the guy is paying a fat portion of the clutch.. does a clutch really make that much of a difference? will my car be more faster?
    i know it's stupid questions, but for every stupid question theres a smart one, correct?

Rob

PS im in NY. i had my mirror replaced for $20 which i think it's a hell of as deal! any NYker interested let me know, i"ll get you directions.

Rob
    If the clutch is slipping badly there will be no comparison.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

does a clutch really make that much of a difference? will my car be more faster?
    New clutch fixes slipping clutch. More power connected to the drivetrain. Faster? No.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.