what kinda errl? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on what kinda errl? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah, I'll have mine changed before 7500 miles. I wrote them back and asked about the intervals, and they said ...

Yeah, I'll have mine changed before 7500 miles. I wrote them back and asked about the intervals, and they said it has changed to 7500 miles, so the manual is out of date on both counts. New requirements for turbo models is synthetic oil every 7500 miles, which keeps the costs inline with the original requirements.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TimbersWRX View Post
    Yeah, I'll have mine changed before 7500 miles. I wrote them back and asked about the intervals, and they said it has changed to 7500 miles, so the manual is out of date on both counts. New requirements for turbo models is synthetic oil every 7500 miles, which keeps the costs inline with the original requirements.
    Wow, that just seems like a long time on a turbo car even when using synthetic oil. I plan on doing my first change between 2500-3000 miles. Still unsure on what brand of oil. I've used Mobil 1 oil+filter on my truck since it was new with no problems so I will most likely stick to that. Advance Auto usually has it on sale for $30 (5 quarts of synthetic plus filter)

However, I've done a little bit of research on oil and Motul 300v seems to be top choice from what I read. I can get 5 quarts for $62 but spending $70 on the oil+filter change is getting up there.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I would change oil (ie, dump the factory fill) within 500 miles of ownership. After that, stick to the book or change oil when you establish your intervals.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12