Subaru WRX Forum banner

Odometer light flickering?

9K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Graham46 
#1 ·
Hey all,

This morning on my way to work, I was at a red light and I noticed the light for my odometer flickering slightly. Barely anything really, it wasnt turning off and on, just looked like was losing power for a couple seconds. Flickering is the best word that comes to mind. Anyway, is this nothing or is it a potential problem? It only happened twice for less than 2 seconds each time that I noticed.

Car is a 2006 WRX TR with just under 60k miles. No engine/power mods other than stage 1.

#2 ·
I am assuming you are referring to the backlight when you have the headlights on?...Did you happen to have your defrost on? I'm thinking perhaps the AC compressor was cycling on and off if you had the defrost on and the lights dimmed for a second due to the electrical load, this is pretty common with pretty much all subarus from the early 90's however now that we are into the newer years I cant say I have seen it on a new one in a couple years....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.