upgraded my tubo help - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on upgraded my tubo help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by cjm1991 I gotta agree here, no matter what turbo he has a FMIC is going to be ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I gotta agree here, no matter what turbo he has a FMIC is going to be a better unit than the POS stock top mount. It may be overkill though, and why spend money you dont have to. FMIC is going to benefit greatly on a evo3, people see gains from TMIC to FMIC on just a vf turbo.
    Once again, you guys are trying to compare an aftermarket FMICs to the stock TMIC. Of course it will be better. You're ignoring good aftermarket TMICs, which is what I personally would recommend in this case as it would suit his setup better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User lucaslovesboost's Avatar
    some guy on craigslist has a cobb accesport v1 umarried for 150 bucks.

will that tune my car properly?
    My 16g turbo lag is there to give v8s and evos a chance.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...ra240sxwrx.gif

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by lucaslovesboost View Post
    some guy on craigslist has a cobb accesport v1 umarried for 150 bucks.

will that tune my car properly?
    I know you stated that you've done tuning yourself on 240's and such but reading your comments, you're not even sure of the mods you need to support the car you own. I would suggest 1 of 2 things... 1) Park the car, do A LOT of research before you start it again and do irreversable damage, or 2) Take it to a tuner and have him/her check your vehicle and make suggestions as to what you will need to get to the end result you are looking for. With an upgraded turbo, there is no OTS map that will be safe. At minimum, you will need to call a tuner, give them a list of your mods, they will create a base map to make the car relatively safe and driveable. Take it to them so they can upgrade the necessary supporting mods to what you already have, and tune your car properly

brfatal Quote:
    Once again, you guys are trying to compare an aftermarket FMICs to the stock TMIC. Of course it will be better. You're ignoring good aftermarket TMICs, which is what I personally would recommend in this case as it would suit his setup better.
    +1, also better spool time

I have an 02 with the same turbo and my soon to be tuner over at P & L advised for the drivabilty and longevity to get DW 850cc and STi or bigger TMIC, I went with the the TurboXS and a cobb AP for tuning. But I would talk to a local tuner for what he advises, pick up the phone and give one a call in your area.
    Bought this car 10-18-01 and never looked back...

Now ive never ran or played w/ cobb so correct me if im wrong here, From what i understand there are 3 stages(maps) to tune w/ and each one is a different upgrade in stages depending on what parts are applied.

Now running a 16 g w/o any fuel upgrade(injectors and pump) and running mainly stock except dp, cbe, ect. will not allow you to get full potential of what that turbo can push.

W/o the proper upgrades when running a larger turbo can cause internal damage and we all know how wrx bearings are...

Its always nice to go bigger and better but im a fanatic when it comes to my rex and would only do upgrades when pre-requist upgrades are already taken care of and fully tuned in where not to be running to rich or lean, just kinda diving in and expecting an AP to dial you is to much hope or faith imo to put in, if your going to do it at all do it right; take your time and get proper tune w/ the pre-requisit parts;

Bottom end of my motor and pistons are all forged.
    Bought this car 10-18-01 and never looked back...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123