Your thoughts
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Your thoughts within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So there was a severe storm in my area rained for three days straight and the last night I decided ...

Your thoughts

So there was a severe storm in my area rained for three days straight and the last night I decided to take my 09 Wrx sedan out yea you know where this story is going I know I'm a dumbass so I don't need anyone letting me know but anyway I went through some high water and flooded my engine. My car is in the shop right now waiting on the insurance to figure out what they want to do the engine is shot. I heard hey will cover up to 85% of what the car is worth but that is all speculation. On Kbb my car with 30,000 miles on it estimates for 20000 in excellent condition 18,000 for good. How much does a new motor cost anyone have an idea ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You didn't have a CAI on it did you?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

No it was stock

I am a claims adjuster at GEICO, and unless there is some specific wording in your policy contract they should cover 100% of the actual cash value of the vehicle, less your deductible. As far as any aftermarket parts unless you had an endorsement for them your insurance will not cover them, so that will be money lost. Most insurance companies wont hold it against you or if you have aftermarket performance parts, unless there is any evidence you were racing the vehicle, at which point no matter how much damage, or injuries, or dead people they will deny your claim. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions

also the actual cash value of any car will be a lot less than kelly blue book or nada

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.