need help please
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on need help please within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello to all,i have just got a wrx and its pissing out oil out of the blow off valve can ...

need help please

hello to all,i have just got a wrx and its pissing out oil out of the blow off valve can any one help me in any way,i was told i need a new engine:)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by paul golden View Post
    hello to all,i have just got a wrx and its pissing out oil out of the blow off valve can any one help me in any way,i was told i need a new engine
    Why did you buy it like that? That's my question.

Wow that is not a good problem. Somehow oil is getting into the airflow. I'd check the turbo first and then move on to the engine. Don't drive it like that, you might get away with only having to replace the turbo and not the engine. But keep driving it and something is going to go.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

hello to all,i have just got a wrx and its pissing out oil out of the blow off valve can any one help me in any way,i was told i need a new engine
    How much oil are we talking here? and where on the BPV is it coming out? Could be a simple fix

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    it sounds like either a blown turbo seal or excessive blow-by. Either way, not good.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

If it's a turbo seal there's a high likelihood you'll have oil on the hot side, i.e. remove the down pipe to check. Will be hard to tell by a quick inspection if it's purely blow by since your intake tract is full of oil if it's puking out your recirc valve.

Ensure your oil level stays topped up, religiously, although I'd advise against driving the car. Low oil can lead to a whole other can of worms.

After a drive, and removing the oil cap, do you see any smoke come out?

Get a compression and leak down test done. If purchased from a dealership do it on their dime.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Why did you buy it like that? That's my question.
    +1

But everyone else has good advice, so I advise you to listen...Subscribed to find out details. Goodluck!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    If it's a turbo seal there's a high likelihood you'll have oil on the hot side, i.e. remove the down pipe to check. Will be hard to tell by a quick inspection if it's purely blow by since your intake tract is full of oil if it's puking out your recirc valve.

Yeah I agree. You would see a lot of white smoke from oil contacting the exhaust gases as well.

Facebook me here

Another thought, remove the valve, to check the seal out, quantity of oil; we know your seal is probably damaged since oil is getting past it; not sure if a boost leak at the flange + a little bit of oil could make it seem worse than it is. A poster above mentioning that it could be a simple issue made me think of this. Some people do get a little oil in their IC's; so in some cases it's "normal".
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

subaru wrx

yes i bought the car yesterday and was told that one of the piston rings were ****ed,the car starts and drives,low on power and theres a lot of oil comeing out the blow off valve,i was told a new engine would be the best thing to do,i am in no real hurry to fix so i will like to find out first could there be anything done.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Time for a compression test.

subaru wrx

ya that wat ill get done thans.

subaru

well had a look today at subaru and i have sourced were the oil is comeing out,i thought at first it was comeing out the dump valve but its not,its comeing out a little pipe on the left side of the car near the spark plugs wat would dis mean fellas.

Driver side or passenger side? pic would deff help

I know I got oil in my IC, I need a Oil catch can.
    "STTI" Is for Subaru Twin Turbo Impreza.
    Since My EJ20R says 2 stage twin turbo, does that mean I am already at stage 2?

zax
    well had a look today at subaru and i have sourced were the oil is comeing out,i thought at first it was comeing out the dump valve but its not,its comeing out a little pipe on the left side of the car near the spark plugs wat would dis mean fellas.
    Sounds like the passenger cylinder head vent. You are getting lots of blow-by in the intake from this. An AOS or catch can will reduce the amount of oil blown back into the intake, but you're avoiding the problem. Without a doubt, you have a blown piston ring. Get a compression test done. I guarantee you will have low compression in one of passenger-side cylinders. Time for a rebuild (might as well while you're in there)!

Facebook me here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.