Er HC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Er HC within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; driving my 05 legacy gt this morning. stopped at a light and the engine died. Didint start after that. the ...

Er HC

driving my 05 legacy gt this morning. stopped at a light and the engine died. Didint start after that. the message display Er HC. It was rainning. Need help please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...5.html?t=43375

maybe something in that thread will help

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Er HC Legacy Gt Ltd

Tried all of those. Still didnt start. The scanner wouldnt read my computer. Coolant, oil is fine. I think water might have got into something since it was raining. The car was working fine until i stop at the traffic light. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by kirk83 View Post
    Tried all of those. Still didnt start. The scanner wouldnt read my computer. Coolant, oil is fine. I think water might have got into something since it was raining. The car was working fine until i stop at the traffic light. Weird.

This means Error High CAN communication, this is basically saying that something in the high speed controller area network has happened such as a signal interference or something along those lines... There might be a code in the BIU or the ECM or the TCM first step is to pull/ check those...Right around 05 with Subaru certain aftermarket scanners where not compatible I have one scanner which doesnt work with any Subaru 05-up and another one that does... Try unplugging the combo meter, the BIU, If you have automatic climate control unplug the automatic climate control module, and unhook the battery negative terminal.... How many miles are on the vehicle? I am assuming you have done a thorough visual inspection of the vehicle?

Er HC Legacy Gt Ltd

It has 53278 miles. I unplug the computer and the biu. the error is still there. im sure it has something to do with some water. I just dont know which sensor or part the water hit.

It has 53278 miles. I unplug the computer and the biu. the error is still there. im sure it has something to do with some water. I just dont know which sensor or part the water hit.
    Don't know if you tried this already but if you're getting no communication to your scanner that you have used before and have gotten communication with (I'm assuming?), I would check your ECM fuse. A long shot but maybe it's blown

Er HC 05 Legacy Gt Ltd

I checked all the fuse and relay in the engine bay and under the dash. All was ok. Guess ill have to bring it in to subaru

I checked all the fuse and relay in the engine bay and under the dash. All was ok. Guess ill have to bring it in to subaru

Have you checked all the ground connections in the engine bay?

Er HC 05 Legacy Gt Ltd

Yes i checked every one.

Yes i checked every one.

So what happens when you try to start the vehicle? does it crank over? Do you hear the fuel pump kicking on?

Er HC 05 Legacy Gt Ltd

The fuel pump comes on but no crank. It does the same thing it would if i dont press the clutch pedal. Nothing at all happen. Once i turn the ignition on the dash lights up the Er HC error so i think thats y it doesnt crank.

The fuel pump comes on but no crank. It does the same thing it would if i dont press the clutch pedal. Nothing at all happen. Once i turn the ignition on the dash lights up the Er HC error so i think thats y it doesnt crank.
    Have you tried wiggling wires around for the SMJ ( Super multiple junction ) and other connectors and sensors in the engine bay? Do you have any mods on the vehicle?

Er HC 05 Legacy Gt Ltd

I disconnect and reconnect all wires and sensors. I have a magnaflow catback, Perrin air intake and a turbosmart BOV which have been on the car for about 3 months.

I disconnect and reconnect all wires and sensors. I have a magnaflow catback, Perrin air intake and a turbosmart BOV which have been on the car for about 3 months.
    Does this happen to be a cold air intake in which the filter is located in the fender? Did you clean the MAF?

Er HC 05 Legacy Gt Ltd

It points towards the fender hole but its not inside the hole. I didnt clean the MAF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast