revs stay highish when changing gear problem?

This is a discussion on revs stay highish when changing gear problem? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; as thread says when i depress clutch for about half a sec the revs stay high , so if i ...

revs stay highish when changing gear problem?

as thread says when i depress clutch for about half a sec the revs stay high , so if i try to change gear fast , i ride the clutch?????????????, anybody else had this problem, know what im talking about????????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I say that the clutch has to be adjusted a little bit... is it stock clutch is it aftermarket? year of car? sti/wrx? we need to know little more about the car before accurate diagnoses =)

i know it sounds like a dumb question but are you sure your foot is all the way off the clutch?
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Does it idle high all the time or only when you depress the clutch? And does the engine rev higher or just maintain speed, if you shift a 3k, does it stay at 3k for a second or does it actually rev faster than that?

thanks for replys, its a 03 wrx totally standard apart from a big backbox, it idles about 700 when sitting , also the clutch bite point is right at the top so you just put youre foot on it, and it starts biting, the problem is when i try to do a fast gearchange, its revs are still up a bit, so i have to take foot of ecel pedal for a sec then change gear, hope this helps!! p.s it doeasnt seem to be as bad below the 3k mark !

So you dont lift off of the gas pedal? that could be the problem right there because the engine rev's up WAAY faster when the clutch is in. I say completely lift off the gas pedal and see if it does it.. if not.. i think you have a case of lead foot =)
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

practice more.. from the feel and context of your question you haven't had this car for very long.

get used to it before you try rompin on it. I know, its hard.. but you'll thank yourself in the long term when you're not replacing a clutch prematurely.

Otherwise it sounds to me like your not timing your feet right, plain old driver error/lack of experience type stuff. Practice makes perfect. Its very likely not the car.. its your feet not doing what your brain wants em to.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    When you depress the clutch under boost the BPV injects air back into the intake causing the RMPs to rise briefly. Sounds perfectly normal to me.