"Thud..Thud...Thud" sound coming from front of car when I turn!

This is a discussion on "Thud..Thud...Thud" sound coming from front of car when I turn! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When i make a sharp left turn I feel a "Thud..Thud...Thud" vibration coming from the front tire/suspension area of the ...

"Thud..Thud...Thud" sound coming from front of car when I turn!

When i make a sharp left turn I feel a "Thud..Thud...Thud" vibration coming from the front tire/suspension area of the car. Its not clicking or grinding, it feels exactly like a severe flat tire, that "Thud" feel you get. It only comes up when I turn sharp...I thought i was my tranny..but I pop in neutral while turning and it still makes the repeated "thud" sound. Any ideas? By the way I changed my tranny & rear diff fluids 10,000 miles ago with Subaru S. I just felt this "thud" for the first time tonight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a tie rod to me.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Lift the front of the car and yank on the front wheels, there shouldn't be any movement. If there is you should be able to track down what's loose. I had a slight noise when going over bumps making right hand turns and it was a ball joint that was worn out.

I Support ClubWRX
    What size tires?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC