Cant open my hood, no cable.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cant open my hood, no cable. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright guys, I have a problem. Yesterday I went to a Subaru dealership to get a new hood latch because ...

Cant open my hood, no cable.

Alright guys, I have a problem. Yesterday I went to a Subaru dealership to get a new hood latch because the one in my car is toast. Once I got back to work I swapped it out. The problem is that this morning I wanted to check my oil and proceeded to grab a screw driver because the hood latch cable is broken on my car. I went to open the latch like I had with the old one and found that the construction is completely different.

I suppose the question is, has anyone noticed a change in the mechanics of the 03 WRX hood latches? I'm about 3 seconds away from forcefully ripping out the grill and unbolting the latch just so I can check my oil.

FYI, the reason I need to check the oil is because I just paid P&L Motorsports 9K to swap my engine and give me a stage 2 kit after my old engine seized due to a lack of oil. I cant afford for this to happen again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how much does a new grill cost, I'm about to rip mine out....

I think you can remove the grill from the front of the car. It's just held in with 4 screws I think.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I know I'm being stupid but why didn't you change the hood latch cable when you changed the latch

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I think you can remove the grill from the front of the car. It's just held in with 4 screws I think.
    too late....

turns out there are 4 clips...strong clips.....

oh, and a new grill costs 119.99
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20100930_115341.jpg   IMG_20100930_115448.jpg   IMG_20100930_115912.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    I know I'm being stupid but why didn't you change the hood latch cable when you changed the latch
    I only had the 50 for the latch....and I needed the latch because I drive the highway to and from work and i was riding on the safety latch....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.