need help finding fill point

This is a discussion on need help finding fill point within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My A/C sucks right now. Has for a while. It hasn't been a problem lately...I just deal with not running ...

need help finding fill point

My A/C sucks right now. Has for a while. It hasn't been a problem lately...I just deal with not running it since the weather has been nice enough to run with the windows down. But this morning was really wet, and the windshield was fogging up pretty bad. I know that the system is low aka a leak. I normally would take the car in for things like this, but my timing belt/radiator swap/inspection this weekend is going to tap me out. I'm mechanically inclined, but this is the first time for doing a subie timing belt, so I'll let someone else do it while I watch. Anyway, I need to put the dye in the A/C system. It says to add it to the low side of the system. I don't have a 02 wrx specific diagram showing me where the connection is. Any pics or good descriptions as to where it is?

Thanks.
    Owner of the Budget Baller
    Bugeye Mafia #201
    Current mods: CAI, SPT exhaust, D-specs w/RCE Yellows, F/R Group N top hats, JDM lip kit, LWFW, F/R sways and endlinks, morettes, tuned at Agile Auto (10/9/10)
    Next project: EvoIII-16g, pnp, 850 injectors, fuel pump, and a little secret.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    here is the link to the manuals:

http://ken-gilbert.com/impreza-manuals
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Even if the leak you have is tiny, recharging the system will only get it to work for probably a day. You need to fix the leak...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Found it. When the refill bottle directions said to fill from the low side, I took that as somewhere near the bottom of the engine, not the low pressure side. The connection is right next to the TMIC. I'll get the dye to see where the leak is since that would be cheaper than taking it somewhere to have a leak test done (at least around here). I can have them remove everything in the system so I can fix the problem, and then have it recharged.
    Owner of the Budget Baller
    Bugeye Mafia #201
    Current mods: CAI, SPT exhaust, D-specs w/RCE Yellows, F/R Group N top hats, JDM lip kit, LWFW, F/R sways and endlinks, morettes, tuned at Agile Auto (10/9/10)
    Next project: EvoIII-16g, pnp, 850 injectors, fuel pump, and a little secret.