Fog Issue!

This is a discussion on Fog Issue! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 WRX and the driver fog is out. The bulb looked burnt out so I replaced it ...

Fog Issue!

I have a 2003 WRX and the driver fog is out. The bulb looked burnt out so I replaced it and it still didnt work. I then found some water drip out from where the grnd and pwr wire lead back so I dried it out with a fan and it still didnt work. I thought it may have been the fog light housing itself had gotten water in the connector so I took the driver fog and plugged it into the passenger side and it worked so I know its not the housing itself or the bulb. My only other assumption is the power wire or the connecter that you plug into the back of the housing... Its not the grnd wire cuz if that was the case the other side wouldnt work...

Does anyone have any opinions or help with how I can get a connecter or jimmy rig something so I dont have to buy a $350 harnes from Subaru... Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Boris22 View Post
    I have a 2003 WRX and the driver fog is out. The bulb looked burnt out so I replaced it and it still didnt work. I then found some water drip out from where the grnd and pwr wire lead back so I dried it out with a fan and it still didnt work. I thought it may have been the fog light housing itself had gotten water in the connector so I took the driver fog and plugged it into the passenger side and it worked so I know its not the housing itself or the bulb. My only other assumption is the power wire or the connecter that you plug into the back of the housing... Its not the grnd wire cuz if that was the case the other side wouldnt work...

Does anyone have any opinions or help with how I can get a connecter or jimmy rig something so I dont have to buy a $350 harnes from Subaru... Please help!

Obtain a wiring diagram of the foglight system and check for power at the connector, in no power (12V ) isnt present there work your way back through the harness until you find the point that has power, than the location of the excessive resistance or corrosion or whatever should become apparent...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Obtain a wiring diagram of the foglight system and check for power at the connector, in no power (12V ) isnt present there work your way back through the harness until you find the point that has power, than the location of the excessive resistance or corrosion or whatever should become apparent...
    I would suggest using a volt meter and not your tong!