Gas peddle response 2008 wrx sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gas peddle response 2008 wrx sedan within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Question about my 2008 wrx sedan. Lately I have been noticing that I have not been getting as much 'response' ...

Gas peddle response 2008 wrx sedan

Question about my 2008 wrx sedan. Lately I have been noticing that I have not been getting as much 'response' out of my gas peddle. It's really hard to tell if it's always been like this or if it's getting worse, etc... I practically have to push it half way down to get anything at all. This is especially annoying when i'm 1 trying to get smoothly into first, 2 shifting from gear to gear and 3 trying to slowly and carefully back out of a parking spot in a crowded parking lot. I wish I could get more rpm's with less pressure on the peddle... any ideas? THANKS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jakemk7 View Post
    Question about my 2008 wrx sedan. Lately I have been noticing that I have not been getting as much 'response' out of my gas peddle. It's really hard to tell if it's always been like this or if it's getting worse, etc... I practically have to push it half way down to get anything at all. This is especially annoying when i'm 1 trying to get smoothly into first, 2 shifting from gear to gear and 3 trying to slowly and carefully back out of a parking spot in a crowded parking lot. I wish I could get more rpm's with less pressure on the peddle... any ideas? THANKS
    You could start my checking the tension in the throttle cable.

Quote Originally Posted by REXme View Post
    You could start my checking the tension in the throttle cable.
    06+ WRX's do not have throttle cables.

1. Getting smoothly in to first requires 1a. from a stop, more slipping of the clutch. 1b. while moving, revving the engine more for it to fall in to place.
    2. Again revving the engine a bit more for it to fall in to place.
    3. The 5-speed transmission doesn't like slowly starting.

It's always done this, you're just becoming more aware of it.

You have a choice here: smoother transitions or longer clutch life.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    06+ WRX's do not have throttle cables.
    This. The 06+ use drive-by-wire, which begs the question, have you recently changed any throttle map settings perchance?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thanks for the help

Thanks everybody! I would choose longer clutch life over smoother transitions just because I would rather have less smooth shifting but not have to spend $1500 + on a new clutch before I even reach 60k miles. I recently installed a cold air intake but I would doubt this has anything to do with it right??? FYI yes I do know a CAI is a bad first mod but I found that out after I put it on so next sunny day off I get it's coming off until I get a new exhaust and chip upgrade. Would anybody say it's "BAD" in a way to always be super reving the engine to get into first or can the wrx's engine take it? Thanks again!

I Support ClubWRX
    Would anybody say it's "BAD" in a way to always be super reving the engine to get into first or can the wrx's engine take it? Thanks again!
    Uhh...you shouldn't be having to rev the engine to get it into first gear. And you should never force a transmission into gear. If you talking about down shifting into first I highly do not recommend it for any speed over say 5-10 mph. If the throttle just seems laggy,then get some engine management. First thing they do is massage the Drive By Wire throttle tables.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Blitz throttle control

Does anybody know about this Blitz brand throttle control module that supposedly increases sensitivity of the throttle peddle? Is it good or bad? Does it work or is it just a gimmick. I imagine for $350 it's probably the real deal... Anyways it sounds like exactly what I need. Any thoughts? Thanks

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Dude, Donkey is right. You need to purchase some form of engine management. Not only will it adjust your throttle map parameters allowing for crisper throttle response, it will also allow you to tune your engine.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Does anybody know about this Blitz brand throttle control module that supposedly increases sensitivity of the throttle peddle? Is it good or bad? Does it work or is it just a gimmick. I imagine for $350 it's probably the real deal... Anyways it sounds like exactly what I need. Any thoughts? Thanks
    Its crap. Put that money towards EM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.