4th gear grind
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 4th gear grind within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Done some reading... obviously a common problem. I put fluid in that I picked up at autozone, but after reading ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

4th gear grind

Done some reading... obviously a common problem.

I put fluid in that I picked up at autozone, but after reading the threads, it sounds like I should drain that and put some Extra S in.

Does anyone know how I get that?

I really don't want to take it to the dealer to get the fluid changed, its so easy to do it at home but I can't find it anywhere.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post

I put fluid in that I picked up at autozone, but after reading the threads, it sounds like I should drain that and put some Extra S in.

I really don't want to take it to the dealer to get the fluid changed, its so easy to do it at home but I can't find it anywhere.
    There's another thread goin' on about this topic...I get some random 4th gear grinds in my 03 WRX. Haven't in awhile, but it has happened. It's almost as if it depends on what mood my tranny's in.
    Bugeye Mafia #155

Friends don't let friends drive stock.
    Racing a neon is like fighting a girl: you can't brag about it if you win, and you don't want anyone to know if you lose.
    facebook

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post

So... this always happens AFTER I make a post.... I found this post on some other forum. Maybe helpful for those who want to buy Extra-S:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f14/t1188...l-bottles.html
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Smith View Post
    royal purple is a synthetic oil and if your bike has a wet clutch, synthetics have been known to cause clutch slippage. It caused slippage on my intruder1400.
    Cool story?
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Is the syncro worn?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.