2004 WRX AC Compressor noise?

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX AC Compressor noise? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This noise started happening about a week or so ago. Happens after the car has been sitting for some time ...

2004 WRX AC Compressor noise?

This noise started happening about a week or so ago. Happens after the car has been sitting for some time i.e. first thing in morning/right after work (8hrs). Was told it was the AC compressor clutch?

Here is a video of said noise. When the AC Compressor spins, it does it. Dirt? Needs replaced?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH8gJVm0HVo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Asian View Post
    This noise started happening about a week or so ago. Happens after the car has been sitting for some time i.e. first thing in morning/right after work (8hrs). Was told it was the AC compressor clutch?

Here is a video of said noise. When the AC Compressor spins, it does it. Dirt? Needs replaced?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH8gJVm0HVo

Fist make sure your AC belt and while your at it your ALT belt are both tight and in good condition...if they are than yes, from the looks of it it could be the compressor or the compressor clutch, does the AC still blow cold? How are the high and low side pressures? How many miles are on the vehicle?

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you are troubleshooting a la DIY start with cheap tests or solutions first. If the belts are not new and not authentic, change them to both new and authentic. See if that sorts out the noise. While the belts are off, check the "roller" and see if there's a bearing issue (it's a cheap and easy part to replace).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.