leak-down test results, please advise

This is a discussion on leak-down test results, please advise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got done with my leak down test, and i did everything like i was supposed to, to do ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

leak-down test results, please advise

I just got done with my leak down test, and i did everything like i was supposed to, to do it right. I found on the passenger side of the engine the cylinder closest to the passenger and the driver side of the engine the cylinder farthest from the driver both had roughly 30-35% leakage. (Sorry I don't remember the cylinder numbers) There was also hissing in the air intake and in the exhaust on both these cylinders.

Also on the passenger side, the cylinder closest to the passenger, had oil on the spark plug. There wasn't oil at the tip, but higher up on the threads.

The other two cylinders both had 5% leakage.

Does this sound like a head gasket, or intake and exhaust valves. I know adjacent cylinders means a head gasket, but i got confused by the definition of adjacent, whether it meant next to or across from.
    Last edited by yamaha_rider619; 09-27-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300