Help...Half boost issue with no CEL!!

This is a discussion on Help...Half boost issue with no CEL!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all - just reflashed my '04 WRX with the COBB AP. I cued up the Stage 1 setup since ...

Question Help...Half boost issue with no CEL!!

Hello all - just reflashed my '04 WRX with the COBB AP. I cued up the Stage 1 setup since I still have the stock exhaust. Here is my dilemma.

Initially, the car ran full stock boost at 14 psi. Now, after a 30+ mile drive, the car only gets about 7 psi. I'm thinking that the 7 psi is the minimum, mechanical wastegate spring pressure. Since I don't have any CEL codes (that the COBB AP hasn't deleted too) I am simply left to scratch my head.

Note - I have NOT tampered with the turbo setup. Still running the stock IWG and an aftermarket Agency Power BOV. It's almost like the car is in limp mode. Is it possible that the stock 2-port boost solenoid is no longer functioning (i.e. should I consider upgrading to a 3-port setup)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would start by taking off the BOV and putting the stock one back on it, Agency Powers products are junk im my opinion
    ...it takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong...

Do you still have the green connecters together, or did you upload an economy map by mistake?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Do you still have the green connecters together
    This is a really common mistake for AP users.

Also using an aftermarket Vent to Atmosphere BOV is not part of the Cobbtuning stage 1 map. The car will run better with the stock BOV.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Do you still have the green connecters together, or did you upload an economy map by mistake?
    The CEL would be flashing and the fans cycling on and off. The car could very well be knocking. What version AP do you have and what octane gas do you use??
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S