cruise control help

This is a discussion on cruise control help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay ive got an 02 wrx my cruise doesnt work. i started and replaced the little black switch from my ...

cruise control help

okay ive got an 02 wrx my cruise doesnt work. i started and replaced the little black switch from my 04 part car i never heard relay click.. so i switched it back. than i went to changing the control lever on wheel still nothing. well lucky i got a spare parts car so i replaced the servo on passenger side of engine bay that the cruise control cable comes from still dead... so i read about the module on driver side kick panel i swapped that lil guy too and what ya know still no cruise.. any ideas without testin resistance of everything.??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the CEL on?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

nope sure isnt. either its something different or i got unlucky and one of the things e replaced is bad.. im stuck

Does the cruise control light flash?

Sometimes car manufacturers wire up the cruise control so it will not work when a lightbulb goes out. Not sure if Subaru does this or not. Walk around the car looking for a blown bulb.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

on my dash? no it doesnt the little light on the button comes on the one from the otherr car doesnt have alight but i didnt hear relay click so i swapped it back..

Any updates? im having the same problem. When I hit the switch the light on the cruise control button turns on but when i hit the lever nothing happens. No lights come on my dash nor does the care maintain speed. No CEL on but I do get random codes every now and then for a bad cat. (p04020)

There seems to be problem with the neutral switch in the transmission. I have the same problem and by wiggling the gear shift lever I can get the cruise to 'set' but the slightest bump and it will go off. Othertimes I can't even get the 'set' light to come on. I am getting a new switch to put in. Unfortunately, you have to pull the transmission out, which is no small matter, to replace to replace the switch.