A/C PROBLEM

This is a discussion on A/C PROBLEM within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so everyone in a while, my A/C will just start blowing cool air. I have to wait about a ...

A/C PROBLEM

Ok, so everyone in a while, my A/C will just start blowing cool air. I have to wait about a minute and turn off the A/C in the car and then turn it back on and then the cold air starts up again. There is no a/c clutch clicking on an off during this too. Do I just need refrigerant or what? any ideas, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The only way to tell if you need refrigerant is to measure the pressures generated.

Your symptoms could also be a thermostat or an expansion valve. The former seems more reasonable but the latter is more common on these cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.