Passenger window switch only goes down
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Passenger window switch only goes down within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In my bugeye, I only notice this problem when I'm driving my mom around too, of course. All 4 windows ...

Passenger window switch only goes down

In my bugeye, I only notice this problem when I'm driving my mom around too, of course.

All 4 windows work from the driver controls, including the auto-down thing, although the front passenger window isn't the smoothest at going up (takes a bit of shuttering up when it hits the weatherstripping, and when going down falls faster than the others - not a big issue).

From the front passenger window switch, the window only goes down - up doesn't work at all.

I'm tempted to take apart the door and check the switch to make sure it works - although that seems pretty difficult (Remember - it took me well over a half hour to figure out how the clock trim pulled out ), so I'll only do it if nobody comes up with other ideas (even then, sounds like something to start on a weekend).

So, any ideas as to quick fixes or diagnostics for a switch that won't bring the window up - that preferribly don't require taking out the door cards?
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lightbulb

Yeah man just take the panel off. I had the same problem. I had to unplug the switch after I took it off and plug it back in. make sure the window is down when you put the panel back on. Also, I just skimmed through your post but if its any of the other windows you might still have to take three drivers panel off.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.