100000 miles

This is a discussion on 100000 miles within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 04 wrx and i am about to hit 100000 miles was wondering what you guys recomend i ...

100000 miles

I have a 04 wrx and i am about to hit 100000 miles was wondering what you guys recomend i get done Maintenance wise thanks ahead of time.
    Blobeye Syndicate #004

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

timing belt, belt tensioner, and all timing idler pullleys and sprocket. nine times out of ten when replacing the T belt i find that the sealed bearings no longer contain any lubricant and are bone dry, as well as the tensioner has leaked out at this time and is incapable of applying the correct tension to the belt. once in a while i get the odd exception to this but not very often.

at that mileage I would replace front diff/transmission fluid, rear diff, engine coolant and the fuel filter if this has not been done.

seems like a lot but one major job like this every 160k isn't much to ask, as far as your car id concerned

^^
    Agreed.

You also might need to start replacing bushings along the bottom of the car. I am about to hit 100k miles as well. Only one major problem so far.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.