100000 miles
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 100000 miles within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 04 wrx and i am about to hit 100000 miles was wondering what you guys recomend i ...

Paxinos, PA

100000 miles

I have a 04 wrx and i am about to hit 100000 miles was wondering what you guys recomend i get done Maintenance wise thanks ahead of time.
    Blobeye Syndicate #004

2. Remove Advertisements

British Columbia
    timing belt, belt tensioner, and all timing idler pullleys and sprocket. nine times out of ten when replacing the T belt i find that the sealed bearings no longer contain any lubricant and are bone dry, as well as the tensioner has leaked out at this time and is incapable of applying the correct tension to the belt. once in a while i get the odd exception to this but not very often.

at that mileage I would replace front diff/transmission fluid, rear diff, engine coolant and the fuel filter if this has not been done.

seems like a lot but one major job like this every 160k isn't much to ask, as far as your car id concerned

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

You also might need to start replacing bushings along the bottom of the car. I am about to hit 100k miles as well. Only one major problem so far.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.