valve replacement?

This is a discussion on valve replacement? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I purchased a used engine from my place of business that was a front end damaged vehicle, picked it up ...

valve replacement?

I purchased a used engine from my place of business that was a front end damaged vehicle, picked it up for $700, 65k with a damaged cam gear and two bent exhaust valves, what would be your recomendations for a supplier for the replacement valves? Should I go OEM or look to the aftermarket?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would def. go OEM for the valves, unless of course your building the heads or engine for that matter for extreme power... If I was in your situation I would pull the heads off the engine, leak test the valves in the head and see which ones are bent, remove the valves from the head and make sure the head / valve seats arent damaged, than, Personally ( depending on the price ) I would most likely lap all new valves into the head...