Vermont RoadWork... Argh.

This is a discussion on Vermont RoadWork... Argh. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; No signs, no warning... The road got cut up (probably replacing an under-road pipe or something), and back filled with ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Vermont RoadWork... Argh.

No signs, no warning... The road got cut up (probably replacing an under-road pipe or something), and back filled with stone. Only, the stone was shy about 3 inches. I hit it going 40 or so, and it sounded like a shot gun bang in my cabin. Immediately, the car was vibrating. I took the car to Midas (only place open on Saturdays up here), and they quickly point out my front 2 rims are bent, and one tire now has the "bubble" on it.

I have an appointment with Subaru on Monday to make sure nothing else got bent - hopefully nothing.

Real bummer is the car has a COBB DP, STI TMIC, and VF39 installed. I don't feel like taking it off, so there goes my warranty! I had the extended warranty on it which is good up to 100K, and the car now has 78K on it.

For those of you in northern vermont, look out on Maqyuam Shore Road! (St Albans/Swanton line)
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If I were you I would be contacting the local DOT office, if there was no warning, you wouldn't know to slow down, this is the responsibility of the department working on the roads.

They should pay for any and all damages.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    No signs, no warning... The road got cut up (probably replacing an under-road pipe or something), and back filled with stone. Only, the stone was shy about 3 inches. I hit it going 40 or so, and it sounded like a shot gun bang in my cabin. Immediately, the car was vibrating. I took the car to Midas (only place open on Saturdays up here), and they quickly point out my front 2 rims are bent, and one tire now has the "bubble" on it.

I have an appointment with Subaru on Monday to make sure nothing else got bent - hopefully nothing.

Real bummer is the car has a COBB DP, STI TMIC, and VF39 installed. I don't feel like taking it off, so there goes my warranty! I had the extended warranty on it which is good up to 100K, and the car now has 78K on it.

For those of you in northern vermont, look out on Maqyuam Shore Road! (St Albans/Swanton line)
    Awww man, sorry to hear about your luck, A bunch of people ran into a similar situation around my way not to long ago, no signs, nothing!...a few months later when road work was scheduled again, they covered there ass big time with an excessive number of signs that said " Travel at your own risk" ...