Accident!..Help :(:(
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Accident!..Help :(:( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, its a normal day and all is going well. Heading on my way to class about 25 min away, ...

Exclamation Accident!..Help :(:(

So, its a normal day and all is going well. Heading on my way to class about 25 min away, taking the usual windy main road I take daily, and whattya know, one of the sharp turns im pullin along doing the speed limit and some ****head in a camaro comes zipping around half way in my lane! I panic braked, swirved, ended up bouncing my passenger side front end/tire off a dirt/mud (It was drizzling, roads were slippery) embankment about the height of my fog lamps...

after ending in the middle of the road, the camaro continues on his quest to kill people.

After a quick look, all i see is. dirt all over the front bumber and caked in the gap with the fog lamp (passenger side) and the only REAL damage is theres about a 6" crack below the fog light in the lower part of the front bumper. My tire on that side had already been repaired once, had gravel?mud shoved between tire and rim, eventually went flat after class and had to put the spare on and drive her straight home.

Now, for the bumper damage (small crack, some scuffing, little paint chip) i have a buddy who does body work who said he could do it for 150$ compared to a bodyshop estimate of 350+. thats a plus.

My car was due for new tires, I planned on getting them next week, go figure

As for tires, I can get a deal from a local place on 4 Sumitoma HTR A/S. Are these a good tire for A/S? Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....FS+P01+(H%26V)

As for driving the car, Its drivable. Nothing SO serious that you cant drive the thing, underneathe the car and under the hood looks alright. Only issue is (It needed a slight alignment as it was, veered to the right a little if youd let go of the wheel) is that now that veer is much more noticable, and you have to have the wheel turned a tiny bit to the left to have it going straight...Now, is this only an alignment issue? if so thats great, easily fixed.

But, a friend of mine said it could be a broken/bent tie rod. Can anyone offer me some help? And what you think a total cost to make it good again will be?

It just sucks, had the car 1 1/2 months, and now this. %$$@&^#$!$@#!#^#!:

Thanks guys
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

seriously man, i cant stand people who dont face up to what they did. you could have been seriously hurt and this ass clown just kept doing his thing.

glad to hear you are ok!

pics of the poor subie?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Front
    This is the most damage done..I have it cleaned up now, will take some tomorrow. Its late now and should be asleep ha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20100916150505.jpg  
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

Cant really see it here...But theres some minor scuffing and a little paint flake near the tire.

But yeah, trust me, I had NO chance to get a license plate, and it was some jack*** in a flat black older camaro...doesnt narrow anything down cuz where i live everyone either has that or a massive truck, lol.

As for me, im fine, huge plus. Rather take the dirt embankment anyday over a head on collision, walked away with some minor whiplash, icing my neck right now.

And im with you, *******s liek that shouldnt be on the road, atleast stop and make sure the persons okay cause there is no doubt in my mind he saw me spin out cuza him driving like an ass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20100916152959.jpg  
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

Any help on my tire/alignment/tie rod issue?
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

You are going to have to put your car on jack stands and do some inspecting. Wiggle the tire perpendicularly in and out. You should not have any movement. Hope your neck is ok.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    You are going to have to put your car on jack stands and do some inspecting. Wiggle the tire perpendicularly in and out. You should not have any movement. Hope your neck is ok.
    Thanks. Ill do that once I'm home.. now how do you all feel about Sumitoma tires?
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

Actually...after doing some research for the budget and all I think I'm going to go with GoodYear Eagle F1 A/S. Reviews are very good by the tire experts out there. Opinion? They're supplied by the place I'm taking my car as I don't really have the time to order some super awesome expensive tires and don't have the money to get winter & summer tires
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

So I jacked er up and took the wheel off, and there is no flexing of anything in the wheel ad joints perpendicularly, everything is as solid as a rock, just as in the other side and rear.

So does that mean my issue is just alignment? (hopefully)
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

there is also the possibility of damage that is not visible that could require replacement of suspension components. the only way to really know is to get an alignment done.

sorry about the accident.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    insurance?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.