2010 WRX Horn Location?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX Horn Location? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm replacing my stock horns with PIAA ones, however it appears there are two stock horns and i cannot locate ...

2010 WRX Horn Location?

I'm replacing my stock horns with PIAA ones, however it appears there are two stock horns and i cannot locate the second one. I took the grille off and the first horn is mounted there, however the other one has yet to be found. I found another post indicating that it was above the turbo but i did not see it anywhere near there. Does anyone know where the second horn is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by localhost View Post
    I'm replacing my stock horns with PIAA ones, however it appears there are two stock horns and i cannot locate the second one. I took the grille off and the first horn is mounted there, however the other one has yet to be found. I found another post indicating that it was above the turbo but i did not see it anywhere near there. Does anyone know where the second horn is?
    I have the same car as you and i detest the sound of the horn(s) in the car too. How much were the horns and could you post some sound pics when your done?

The low side horn is the horn located behind the grill, the high side horn should be located right under the P/S headlight housing...I'm pretty sure you have to remove the front bumper cover to access it, however there may be a way to do it without removing it ( though it is simple to do )...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    The low side horn is the horn located behind the grill, the high side horn should be located right under the P/S headlight housing...I'm pretty sure you have to remove the front bumper cover to access it, however there may be a way to do it without removing it ( though it is simple to do )...
    hrm, well it certainly sounded like it was coming from the passenger side, so that could very well be it. i did jack up the front and look around but everything is covered down there, so i guess i'll be taking off the bumper.

turbospeed i'll take some pics while i'm in there, the first horn was pretty easy to do and it already sounds much better even though i'm only half done. The horns are only about $36 on amazon for the kit (i got 400hz + 500hz).

hrm, well it certainly sounded like it was coming from the passenger side, so that could very well be it. i did jack up the front and look around but everything is covered down there, so i guess i'll be taking off the bumper.

turbospeed i'll take some pics while i'm in there, the first horn was pretty easy to do and it already sounds much better even though i'm only half done. The horns are only about $36 on amazon for the kit (i got 400hz + 500hz).
    I was actually working on a 2010 WRX today and took a peek up there, it is there mounted on a little bracket right in front of the air box.. If your handy you might be able to remove the P/S front tire and remove the splash shield and get it like that however in my opinion it is still easier to remove the bumper skin...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    I was actually working on a 2010 WRX today and took a peek up there, it is there mounted on a little bracket right in front of the air box.. If your handy you might be able to remove the P/S front tire and remove the splash shield and get it like that however in my opinion it is still easier to remove the bumper skin...
    Thanks for the help, i removed the front bumper from the passenger side and it was very easy to access.

turbospeed, here are some pics of the finished install. Everything is pretty straight forward. The only strange things were i did have to widen the contacts on the negative leads to fit on the larger bolts, and i also had to make a small cable to extend the OEM horn positive lead for the passenger side one. I have more pics if you want, however once you know where the horns are it's pretty straightforward. I used this youtube video for bumper removal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqSfCZzEJ3A

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.