Trouble with Fog Lights?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Trouble with Fog Lights? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i took my fogs out replaced the bulbs and put my laminx covers on, and now theyre shooting the ...

Trouble with Fog Lights?

So i took my fogs out replaced the bulbs and put my laminx covers on, and now theyre shooting the beam upwards instead of down towards the road, most likely blinding drivers. It seems to only be the one side. Is there anyway I can adjust this?
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you install the lamp upside down?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hope not...ill feel like a dumba** if i did. How are they supposed to go in?
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a tab. Look at the one you did not replace to see how it's supposed to go. Check the tabs on the housing.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    There is a tab. Look at the one you did not replace to see how it's supposed to go. Check the tabs on the housing.
    what do you mean by tab?
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at the known good lamp (the side that's been left alone). There are mounting screws and there is a tab with an adjustment screw. Does what you see on the good side correspond to what you see on the problematic side? If not, make it correspond (the lights are mirror images or "handed" or chiral). If it does, remove the light, check that the bulb is seated correctly, and replace the light again making sure to follow the pattern established by the known good light when mounting, but accounting for the left/right difference.

Alright. Ill have to take a look at em. Anyway I could've reversed the Left and Right lights possibly? And just making sure I have the right bulbs...they're sylvania (from the local parts store) 100W H3 bulbs. Its what the place said was for my car.
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    The bulb type is correct but the bulb power is twice what's rated. I do not know how your wiring will fare as a result.

It is unlikely you reversed the lamps because you said one of the light patterns is correct.

Oh boy...yeah that was my bad. The place had 80W and 100W. I really want to get a pair of the PIAA Ion yellows. They're 55W. And it seems as if its coming from one side but now that I look they both look off. I can't really get to taking them out now since I'm at work
    2002 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #335
    High Mileage Club 106K

My Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.